BGAN HDR (High Data Rate) supports a portfolio of streaming rates that set a new standard in live TV broadcasting over BGAN satellite terminals.
The full channel option over BGAN HDR, with its significantly increased streaming rate, delivers a real step-change in video quality that significantly enhances and enables satellite news-gathering across the media sector.
HDR Streaming Rates
Full Channel Streaming Rate
- BGAN HDR provides a minimum throughput of 580kbps with its full channel option, but users can expect to see an average speed of 600-700kbps, reaching as high as 800kbps.
- You can double the streaming rates by bonding two terminals together, enabling connection speeds over 1 Mbps, which was previously only possible on a VSAT uplink.
- BGAN HDR can also be used as a dependable back-up solution to cellular bonding.
- BGAN HDR is available across the globe, with the exception of the extreme Polar Regions, providing connectivity wherever your business or operations take you.
- BGAN HDR services are delivered via the Inmarsat-4 network, with 99.9 per cent satellite and ground network availability and an operational lifespan expected into the 2020s. The Inmarsat network connects to Network Innovations POP and enables high-speed backhaul interconnects from our POP facilities to your broadcast facilities.
Easy to Use
- No technical expertise or training is needed to set up and use BGAN HDR. The terminal is plug and play, so you can establish a connection within minutes.
- Time-critical data transfer Video conferencing
- Live video broadcasting/streaming