“As a leading global supplier of satellite communications, we’re always looking for solutions to give our customers more value for their communications budgets,” said Jon Klein, VP and GM of Network Innovations. “By working with Global Marine Networks to introduce Speedmail and “The Box” we can give our customers state-of-the-art satellite data services with the customer service and industry knowledge that we are known for.”
Speedmail is a fast, reliable and easy-to-use satellite phone email service for use with both handheld satellite phones and broadband satellite services such as Inmarsat FleetBroadband and BGAN and Iridium OpenPort. Features include:
- Up to 15 times faster email and data transfer speed through compression and custom server protocols
- Smart filtering lets users preview headers to save unnecessary downloads while keeping large files safely accessible for later viewing
- Works with any email program, web mail, or the included Mozilla Thunderbird and iScribe email clients.
- Dropped satellite transfers automatically pick up where they left off, saving time and frustration.
- Satellite SMS notification of new emails (via Iridium or Globalstar).
- Virus Scanning and Spam Filtering keeps a clean inbox.
- Full DES/PGP Encryption for optimum security.
“Speedmail is powered by the Global Marine Networks XGate service. XGate is a proven service designed specifically for use over satellite phones, so it is ideally suited to meet the demands of our customers,” stated Klein.
“The Box” is a satellite router with access control and data compression that gives unprecedented versatility for any broadband satellite installation. On a ship, offshore oil rig, or with any shared access satellite data installation, “The Box” helps users provide controlled crew access to data services while solving common satellite service installation problems through a host of features:
- Up to five times faster data speeds than uncompressed rates
- Usage controls can limit groups or individual users by time, megabytes, or web site white/black listing
- Pin codes let customers generate new revenue by sharing or selling unique pin codes to crews, clients or passengers
- Firewall filtering by MAC or TCP/IP address and/or port number provide advanced controls
- Seamless failover service redirects data feeds giving users the ultimate reliability of changing between different satellite networks on the fly
- Shared onboard caching provides fast load times for commonly visited sites
- No expensive land-based server required
“The Box” satellite router works with every major satellite data service provider including Inmarsat, Iridium, Globalstar, Thuraya, MSAT, VSAT systems, or any IP-based connection. It works at all data rates at or above 2.4KBps, and is specifically designed for the new generation of higher-speed satellite data systems such as Inmarsat FleetBroadband and Iridium OpenPort.