The SKY 98 terminal for Global Xpress is an enterprise grade product suitable for fixed and semi-fixed applications.
Deploy on a global basis for high-speed Internet access at remote locations.
Designed for exploration and mining camps, Disaster relief or remote office applications.
Designed for the Inmarsat GX VSAT network, to provide high speed Internet at remote locations. One consistent hardware platform that you can deploy on a global basis and connect to the the GX network.
The SKY 98 Ka Fixed Terminal is made up of a one-piece 98cm pre-galvanized steel antenna, an integrated Ka transceiver, and an indoor VSAT modem. The SKY 98 is pre-approved for out-of-the-box compatibility with Inmarsat’s Global Xpress Commercial Ka-Band network. The Ka transceiver includes a 5 watt BUC and wideband PLL LNB.
The product is built into an integrated compact housing and is matched to a high performance feed for optimum RF performance. The pressed steel reflector assures the surface accuracy needed for Ka-Band performance. Pre-galvanized steel with a powder coat finish guarantees excellent corrosion resistance and long life. The die-cast back structure provides for precision alignment of the reflector and support of the RF assembly without distortion.
- Precision pressed steel reflector
- Long focal length optics for low cross-pol or beam squint
- Integrated OMT and TRF for best EIRP and G/T
- Precision Az/El mechanism to minimize backlash and lockdown errors for accurate pointing
- Optional non-penetrating roof mount, or ground pole – 60mm (2.38″) outer diameter mast
- Features to minimize backlash and lockdown errors for accurate pointing
- RF chain housed in sealed unit for improved environmental ruggedness
- All passive cooling for maximum reliability
- Worldwide operation – Full Ka coverage with flexible polarization (5W option)
- Available with out-of-the-box compatibility with Inmarsat’s Global Xpress® (5W option)