Ideal for Dispatch Operations for SATRAD/MSAT environments.
The Console Display System provides an easy to use interface to show status of talk groups and log file information of PTT transmissions.
Simplifies dispatch operations of SATRAD/MSAT environments.
Can also be used as a portable emergency backup dispatch system.
The SATRAD Console Display System (CDS) simplifies operations and improves the ease of use for Dispatch Operators that interact with SATRAD MSAT G2 systems.
The Console Display System provides:
- Visual display of SATRAD/MSAT User & Talk Group information
- Scrollable date and time stamped log of the last incoming PTT calls, transceiver and system status
- Customizable, friendly naming conventions for MSAT DNs
- Support for concurrent desktop or wall mounted displays
The CDS is tightly coupled with the SATRAD CIS, which provides audio and basic signalling information to a variety of dispatch console systems; however most dispatch systems do not have the means to display the SATRAD/MSAT user and channel information. User and channel (talk-group) information can be critical to dispatch operations, especially if an incoming audio message is garbled or if the dispatcher was dealing with another audio feed at the time of an incoming message.
The SATRAD Console Display provides the dispatcher with an “at a glance” history in two ways; for calls just missed, the icon of the caller remains highlighted until another call comes in or until the last call timer times out, secondly, there is a scrollable log showing the identity of the last caller and the time of the call.
Call Log for MSAT PTT
The scrollable log permits the dispatcher to easily look at the call history, even if he or she is interested in a call that occurred several calls ago.
Assign Usernames to Talk Groups & SATRAD Systems for Ease of Use
Individual user icons may be customised by the dispatcher to display an alias rather than the DN of the calling radio. This assists the dispatcher as it is no longer necessary to manually translate a DN into a vehicle number or user name.
Channels or talk-group icons may be customized by the dispatcher. The channel icon and the user icon both illuminate on an incoming call. This feature is of particular use where a dispatcher is managing incidents across several channels, as there is immediate visual information indicating which area or group of responders are communicating with the dispatcher.
The display has been organised with icons for the 16 possible channels on the left side of the screen and icons for individual terminals / users / vehicles on the right side of the screen.
System status is reported in the area between the talk-groups and the call history. The current talk-group and transceiver state are shown. The satellite beam and signal strength are shown. The status field reflects the connection status between the console and the satellite radio, finally the internal clock shows the display refresh is active.
There is a user definable field above the talk-group and user icon areas, this field may be edited be the user as desired. In the example screen above the telephone number of the satellite receiver has been added as a quick reference for the dispatcher.
- Idle State Display: Provides the state of the display when the system is idle.
- Receiving – User with Alias: Provides the status of the system when receiving from a user with an alias.
- Receiving – User with no Alias: Provides the status of the system when receiving from a user without an alias.
- Receiving – Immediately after Message Reception: Provides the status of the system after receiving a message from a user with an alias.
- Transmit State Display: Provides the status of the system when a dispatcher is transmitting.
- Emergencies: For mobile systems that support emergency calls. The Console will display the emergency in the “Alert” field and where configured, an audible alarm will sound.
- Communication History: CDS provides information about the call history including date/time stamp for start/end of PTT call, talk group or talk group alias, user DN number preceded with alias.
- System Status: Provides talk group, beam, signal strength, Matrix status, online/offline status.