The Interop Solutions ACU-1000 from Network Innovations can simultaneously cross-connect different radio networks, connect radio networks to telephone or SATRAD MSAT systems, and network RoIP/VoIP talk paths.
The ACU-1000 is scalable and field configurable. An ideal solution for interconnecting PTT radio networks.
- JPS Interoperability Solutions
The ACU-1000 allows existing, disparate communications systems to cross-connect with each other. For example, within an Interoperability System, a conventional VHF radio system can communicate with an 800 MHz trunked system, an APCO 25 radio user can talk with a PSTN or SATRAD MSAT user, etc., or any number of these users can be conferenced together.
The system is easy to configure using the ACU Controller software, offers three different methods of operation for system redundancy, and is neither computer nor network dependent for its operation.
- Connects up to 12 audio devices with the ability to expand to 24 audio devices
- Can interconnect radios in any band including HF, VHF, UHF, P25, 800 trunked; cellular, landline PSTN, and iDEN Nextel
- ACU controller software provides full system status and control from a PC, locally or remotely over an Ethernet network
- Modular interoperability system employing proven radio over IP (RoIP) technology
- Sophisticated DSP algorithms provide adaptive hybrid, VOX, VMR (voice modulation recognition), noise reduction, audio delay, and more
- Radio templates for supported devices simplify and speed system setup
- Connection to a Wide Area Interoperability System (WAIS) using the WAIS Controller
- Easily deployed in tactical, transportable, fixed, and mobile applications
- Remotely change radio channel with the purchase of channel changing option
Modular Design to Support Multiple Communications Technologies
The ACU-1000 consists of a chassis with a number of plug-in modules. The essential modules reside at the left side of each chassis for power, user interface and control. The rest of the unit is occupied by a number of interface modules (up to 12 in a single chassis). These modules interface the unit to the various communications devices such as radio systems, network talkpaths, and some types of satellite phones, and IDEN systems; the PSTN Module, which interfaces telephone lines and some satellite phones or cellular phones.