The Streambox HD/SD Hybrid Software Encoder, with advanced video compression technology, is designed for Apple and Windows notebook and gives users the ability to deliver high quality HD and SD video from the field. All it takes is a Mac/PC laptop or desktop, a camera, and a SDI or HDMI input device such as Matrox, AJA, or Black Magic to capture video.
Streambox LDMP Technology
All Streambox products come equipped with Streambox exclusive Low Delay Multi-Path technology (LDMP). Streambox LDMP protocol allows for low latency adaptive bit-rate streaming over public and private networks. Streambox Encoders will automatically select the best possible bandwidth, latency, and resolution over multiple IP networks, thus allowing Streambox products to gracefully handle network bandwidth fluctuations and dropouts, which are often seen over public or shared network environments.
Advanced Streaming Codec
All Streambox products are powered by our proprietary codec: Advanced Compression Technology – Level 3 (ACT-L3). Streambox ACT-L3 compression allows for faster encoding with lower latency and is optimized for video transmission over any low-bandwidth IP connection. Our proprietary codec is capable of compressing higher motion, complex video at lower data rates using the new advanced motion search feature.
Streambox HD/SD Hybrid Encoder Features
- 1-click preset automation for low delay, talking head/interview, sports/action, reliable or satellite modes.
- Create and store presets/profiles with optimized settings for specific location or network types.
- File recording, Meta-data, AAC audio, FEC and 4:2:2/4:2:0 color space is supported.
- Live and file-based video workflow.
- Multiplexing/bonding capabilities, which enable the system to use multiple network interfaces such as LTE and 3G/4G air cards, Wi-Fi, dual BGAN terminals, DSL lines, and Satellite for increased bandwidth.
- Support for mobile 3G/4G bonding, which allow clients to bond air cards or MiFi devices for wireless IP access, effectively increase the available bandwidth for streaming broadcast-quality HD video in 720p or 1080i format.