The world’s first BGAN M2M terminal designed to operate on both Inmarsat BGAN (Broadband Global Area Network) and cellular 2G/3G/GPRS networks.
EXPLORER 540 delivers always available connectivity for all critical SCADA/M2M monitoring and control applications.
Near global coverage for SCADA/M2M Internet connectivity.
Low power consumption. Easy to install.
The EXPLORER 540 is the first M2M terminal to operate on both Inmarsat BGAN and cellular networks. The optional EXPLORER 3G modem is integrated in the design and when installed the EXPLORER 540 is turned into a true dual mode terminal.
As the only BGAN M2M terminal to offer dual mode operation, EXPLORER 540 provides unique flexibility and M2M data communication cost-control, as it ensures that the most cost-effective communication service can be chosen depending on location. Enhancing the continuity of your M2M IP data network, the dual-mode operation delivers significant failover capabilities with the automatic switching between the BGAN network and the cellular network. For organisations transferring critical real-time data within their M2M networks, EXPLORER 540 M2M’s dual mode can provide unmatched service availability.
The EXPLORER 540 will be available for Standard Inmarsat BGAN and BGAN M2M services. For BGAN M2M services, this will include no minimum connection charges, free over-the-air software upgrades and all the BGAN M2M specific remote management features. The terminal will be Type Approved as a BGAN Class 2 terminal and well-suited for BGAN Link services as well.
The terminal weighs 1.6 kg and the size is only 20 x 20 cm making it the smallest and lightest BGAN M2M terminal. The durable casing, and a dust and water resistant IP66 design, makes the EXPLORER 540 the perfect choice for any kind of fixed outdoor installation. It comes with a pole-mount, and like the other EXPLORER BGAN terminals it is simple to set up and operate. The 540 will be available as C1D2 for hazardous zone implementations.
The EXPLORER 540 will begin shipping in Q1 of 2016. The Cellular EXPLORER 3G Modem will be available in Q2 2016.
EXPLORER 540 System Features
- EXPLORER 540 is BGAN M2M certified and BGAN Class 2 Type Approved for services such as BGAN Link.
- The optional 2G/3G/GPRS Modem is an integrated part of the design.
- C1/D2 certified for hazardous zones.
- Automatic failover between BGAN and the cellular network ensures continuous connectivity.
- Lightweight and rugged IP66 design ensures durability for outside mounting. No enclosure needed.
- Simple to set up and operate.
- Versatile power options with both Power over Ethernet (PoE) and 10-32VDC input.
- Two cable glands for easy installation of standard power and Ethernet cables into the back housing.
- Remote management of the terminal via SMS including configuration, debugging, and access to the web interface.
- Auto-recovery of connection when power cycled
- Self monitoring of IP connection for availability
- Pole-mount kit included in the package.
- Operational temperature range: -40°C to +75°C / -40°F to +131°F
- DC Input range: 10.5-32VDC Pin Connector
- PoE Input: Type 2 Class 4 via RJ45 Connector
- Power consumption: Standby : 2.8W (TBC) Transmit : 19W (typical) Off : < 30mW (Wake up function active)