Iridium 9523 – Core module for M2M/SCADA applications.
Global coverage for low speed data connectivity.
Small form factor and low power consumption.
Iridium dial-up data (2.4 Kbps), SBD & RUDICS support.
The Iridium 9523 is Iridium’s smallest, lightest and most advanced voice and data satellite transceiver module ever, enabling simplified global voice and data connectivity through Iridium’s global network.
9523 – How it Works
From single or multi channel communication platforms for maritime, aviation and land mobile markets to highly capable, feature-enhanced handheld smart devices and unattended sensors, the Iridium 9523 module delivers cost effective satellite voice and data communications.
Iridium 9523 supports all Iridium voice and data services. It delivers the capability needed to develop innovative communications devices, and the technology backbone for applications such as GPS and location-based services, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
Iridium 9523 features standardized connectors, simplified PCB integration and ultra compact form factor. Integrators can easily mount Iridium 9523 directly onto their application board – enabling optimization through shared components and power sources.
9523 Technical Specifications
- Pole-to-pole global coverage
- Ultra compact form factor
- Single-board transceiver
- Standardized connectors
- Voice, Circuit Switched Data and RUDICS
- Short Burst Data (SBD) capable
- Direct PCB integration
- FCC, Industry Canada, and CE approval for applications using an antenna with a gain of up to 3dbi.
- Iridium Voice, SMS, Circuit Switched Data and RUDICS
- Maximum mobile originated SBD message size 1960
- Maximum mobile terminated SBD message size 1890
- Length 70.44 mm
- Width 36.04 mm
- Height 14.6 mm (reservoir capacitors) 8.9 mm (screen can)
- Weight 32g
- Operating Temp. -30ºC to + 70ºC
- Operating Humidity ≤ 75% RH
- Storage Temp. -40ºC to + 85ºC
- Storage Humidity ≤ 93 % RH
DC Power Input
VBAT Power Input Specifications
- Nominal Voltage +3.7 V
- Voltage Limits +3.2 V to +6 V
- Maximal Current 500 mA
VBAT Typical Current at Nominal +3.7 V
- Standby Current 70 mA
- Peak Current during Call 300 mA
- Average Current during Call 110 mA
VBOOST Power Input
- Nominal Voltage +27 V
- Absolute Maximal Voltage +35 V
- Maximal Recommended Voltage +32 V
- Minimal Voltage during Call Transmit Burst +10.5 V
- Maximal Current 1 A
VBOOST Power Consumption
- Typical Average Power during Call 2.3 W
- Maximal Average Power during Call 3.1 W