The Hughes Network Systems’ (HNS) 9201 Broadband Satellite IP Terminal and WLAN Access Point is your gateway to global communications. The 9201 allows you to simultaneously send and receive IP packet and circuit switched data via USB, Ethernet, ISDN and WLAN interfaces over the Inmarsat BGAN satellite network.
- Hughes - HNS
The Hughes 9201 is a fully IP-compatible terminal certified for operation on Inmarsat’s BGAN global communications service. Rugged and easy to use, the 9201 enables simultaneous IP packet and circuit-switched data communications via standard USB, Ethernet, ISDN, and 802.11 WLAN interfaces. The main features are:
- 492 kbps IP data (transmit & receive)
- ISDN voice (4 kbps)
- ISDN data (64 kbps)
- Allows simultaneous use of all interfaces (Ethernet, USB, ISDN and WLAN)
- WLAN access point
- Multi-user capability (up to 11 simultaneous sessions)
- Selectable Quality of Service (32 k, 64 k, 128 k or 256 k)
Semi-Fixed BGAN Terminal – Easy to Use in Semi-Fixed and Portable Environments
The rugged design of the 9201 allows the terminal to be installed outside in extreme weather conditions for extended periods of time. Multiple user support allows your entire team to share a single 9201 simultaneously, providing the site with a broadband local area network. The terminal’s small size and weight allows you to easily move it from site to site and be connected again within minutes. When you’re at a remote site, sending and receiving the information you need is critical. The Inmarsat BGAN service, together with the 9201, offers a true alternative network that enables corporate teams to communicate their critical information—anywhere, anytime.
Full IP compatibility—email, file transfer (FTP), VPN, browsing, etc.
- Compatible with the following VPNs: Cisco–VPN Client V1 or V2.6.3, Nortel–Contivity VPN Client V04_15.06, Netscreen–Remote Client 8.1, Checkpoint–V4.1, and SonicWall.
- Cost effective “always-on” access—only charged for data sent and received
- Easy to install and connects in minutes
- UMTS IP based services
- ISDN Supplementary Services
- FCC, CE, and GMPCS certified