The Iridium 9603 Short Burst Data Modem is the worlds smallest commercially available two-way satellite data transceiver, designed for applications where space is at a premium and communication is critical.
The Iridium 9603 modem combines the global coverage of the Iridium satellite constellation with the low latency of the Iridium Short Burst Data Service to provide highly reliable satellite communications from pole to pole. With the smallest form factor of any commercial satellite transceiver available today, the Iridium 9603 is ideal for space-constrained applications including monitoring, tracking and alarm systems. Delivering two-way communications on a remarkable scale, the Iridium 9603 transceiver further expands the Iridium connected user base worldwide.
A single-board, Iridium-built core transceiver, the Iridium Connected 9603 transceiver comes in ‘black box’ format. All device interfaces are provided through a single multi-pin interface connector and antenna connector, with additional end-user field application functions (GPS, microprocessor-based logic control, digital and analog inputs and outputs, power supply and antenna) provided by the solution developer.
- Pole-to-pole global coverage
- Single-board transceiver
- Very small form factor offers unmatched flexibility
- Single header connector for:
- On/off control
- Logical level asynchronous UART control
- Network availability
- Simple AT command interface
- No SIM card
- Designed to be incorporated into an OEM solution
- Automatic notification to the transceiver that a mobile-terminated message is queued at the gateway