The IDP-782 is an integrated, dual-mode (satellite/cellular) communications terminal that delivers connectivity to assets in fleet management applications moving in and out of cellular range.
Fleet managers get the best of both worlds—lower cost data transmission in areas with cellular coverage, and reliable, always-on satellite communications over the Inmarsat IsatData Pro satellite network when your cellular network is unavailable.
The feature-rich, fully programmable IDP-782 is the only terminal in its class with a flexible architecture that supports the development of custom applications for more complex solutions, and the use of configurable software applications for quicker deployments.
5 Reasons to Choose IDP-782:
- Flexible programming: Flexible platform supports the development of custom applications for specific customer requirements. Also configurable via applications for quicker time to market.
- Save on airtime: Automatically switch between cellular coverage when available and satellite in remote areas for significant cost savings.
- Backup battery: The IDP-782 features a backup battery option to enable reporting for up to 2.5 hours when no vehicle power is available.
- Feature-rich: Built-in 1-Wire, CANbus, accelerometer, dual SIM, sensor ports and more, allow for a robust tracking and monitoring solution. HSPA & GPRS hardware options available.
- Security: Improve driver, vehicle and cargo security with reliable, always-on backup satellite communications.
- Transport Vehicles: Gain complete visibility of vehicles moving in/out of cellular coverage, for complete tracking, text messaging, e-forms, and vehicle and cargo monitoring.
- Vessels: Leverage lower cost cellular for near-shore communications, and satellite for guaranteed and reliable offshore communications.
- Oil & Gas Vehicles: Track utility vehicles travelling in/out of remote areas to ensure timely delivery of goods and services.
- Mining: Track vehicle fleets traveling to/from remote mine sites, protect valuable heavy equipment and keep drivers safe with advanced driver behavior monitoring features.
- SCADA Monitoring & Control: Use the Modbus and sensor capabilities of the IDP-782 terminal for monitoring fixed oil & gas equipment. Receive power loss notifications and continue sending/receiving messages with built-in backup battery.
- GPRS Frequencies: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- HSPA Frequencies: 800/850/900/1900/2100 MHz
- Input Voltage: 9 to 32V; Load dump protection: +150V; SAE J1455 (Sec. 4.13);
- Battery backup: >2.5 hrs operation with 1min cellular reporting or 10 min satellite reporting
- Inputs/Outputs: 4 x Config. Analog/Digital Inputs/ Outputs 2 x Dedicated Outputs (sink-ground)
- Serial: 2 x RS-232; 1 x RS-485; 1-CAN bus; 1-Wire
- Accelerometer: 3 Axis