The Iridium 9602 provides global data communications for M2M applications. The small size, low-cost and ease of integration make the Iridium 9602 ideal for solutions such as equipment monitoring, automatic vehicle location, and asset tracking applications.
The 9602 can be purchased as a core module for integration into turn-key M2M systems or as a packaged unit with it’s own enclosure for ease of connectivity.
The Iridium 9602 operates on Iridium’s Short Burst Data Service and provides:
- Global coverage
- Small form factor
- Low power consumption
- Mobile Originated messages: up to 340 bytes
- Mobile Terminated messages: up to 270 bytes
- Low latency: less than 1 minute
- Integration with omni-directional Iridium and GPS antennas
How It Works
The Iridium 9602 is a single-board core transceiver provided as a ‘black box,’ with all device interfaces provided by a single multi-pin interface connector and antenna connectors. The product only provides the core transceiver. All other end user Field Application functions such as GPS, microprocessor-based logic control, digital and analog inputs, digital and analog input/output, power supply and antenna must be provided by the solution developer. The device interface across the user connector consists of a serial-data interface, DC power input, network available output and a power on/off control line.
- Length 41.0 mm x Width 45.0 mm x Depth 13.0 mm
- Weight 3.0g
- Operating Temperature Range -40ºC to + 85ºC
- Operating Humidity Range 75% RH
DC Power Input
- Idle Current (average) 45mA
- Idle current (peak) 195mA
- Transmit Current (peak) 1.5A
- Transmit Current (average) 190mA
- Receive Current (peak) 195mA
- Receive Current (average) 45mA
- SBD message transfer – average current 190mA
- SBD message transfer – average power 1.0W
For users that want a preconfigured 9602 in an enclosure, the Beam 9602SBD Data Modem is a robust data terminal specifically designed to incorporate the Iridium 9602 SBD module with an inbuilt 9-32V DC power supply. The terminal connector supports power input, USB & serial data to be used on the modem. The robust enclosure enables the terminal to be used in a wide range of applications. The Beam 9602SBD is 5.71 W x 5.91 D x 2.16 H inches and weighs 1.27 lbs.