VSAT Systems Expert – Team Lead
Duties and responsibilities:
- Support full network infrastructure life cycle including but not limited to design, implementation, and maintenance.
- Assist in building & maintaining teleport infrastructure.
- Responsible for all activities from installation to successful commissioning of service within NI Teleport facilities.
- Constantly improve technical solution to reduce cost, improve quality and increase capabilities and performance.
- Ensure that any technical issues are solved and that improvements are implemented to avoid reoccurrence.
- Perform field installation and service of satellite, voice and data networks both offshore and onshore.
- Perform remote support to resolve any service issues within committed response time through a rotating on/off-call schedule or variable shift schedule.
- Ensure quality, consistent service is delivered; take action when deficiencies are found.
- Advocate change when needed; develop and improve processes/procedures, guidelines, best practices, documentation, technical solutions, etc. (Facilitate Service Delivery).
- Identify & remedy training needs for the support team, through internal resources and vendors/providers alike.
- Ensure adequate support coverage through shift scheduling & on-call rotations as needed.
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly case reviews to ensure SLA adherence and proper technical/management escalations are met.
- Conduct performance reviews and provide constant feedback to team members.
- At least 7 years of progressive experience in the VSAT Telecommunications industry including at least five years of customer service and support experience
- Experience in multi-national operations.
- 5+ years of offshore oil and gas project delivery & support experience.
- Personal Characteristics: problem solving, strategic thinking, confidential and ethical, results driven, customer focus, and a team player.
- A relevant technical or business degree; any incumbent must be committed to self-development including lifelong learning, regardless of their formal education. Applicable knowledge and experience will suffice in lieu of degree.
- Strong working knowledge of networking services including routing, switching, wireless technologies, and security.
- Leadership and management experience in a support environment.
- Experience with remote communications (VSAT, microwave), voice and video solutions preferred.
- iDirect/SCPC/CNC Satellite experience.
- Inmarsat GX/FX installation & support experience.
- Newtec MDM Satellite Modem experience.
- Link Budget experience.
- TCP/IP, Routing (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP).
- CCNA and MCP or equivalent experience preferred.
- Capable of making and defending/supporting technical and business recommendations
- Comprehensive knowledge of network engineering tools and technologies.
- Ability to manage multiple difficult and complex assignments.
- Must be extremely customer and quality focused.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Must possess a valid U.S. driver’s license and maintain a “clean” driving record.
- A willingness to embrace and live the core values of Network Innovations.
- Service Analysts
- Systems Experts
- Project Management, Installation and Technical/Sales Engineers to hand-over new installations and customers.
- Product Management team to setup procedures, training and introduction of new services and products and escalation to Tier 3.
- Sales teams to discuss Service Level Agreements, support issues and special requirements
- Externally to partners and suppliers.
This position does have a demand for shift work and/or on-call rotations to meet 24/7 availability requirements. The selected candidate must be willing to work nights and weekends directly and/or be on-call to meet the 24/7 needs of our customers. The position operates in a professional office environment and uses standard office equipment and software.
An ability to travel occasional. A valid passport without restrictions. Sitting and using a computer for extended periods of time.
Disclaimer Statement: This job description lists the essential functions of the position and is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to a position. An employee may be required to perform other related duties not listed above provided that such duties are characteristic of that classification.
Send Resumes to: email@example.com