NOC Service Analyst
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure maximum possible service availability and performance of the NI network and associated equipment.
- Perform active first and second level troubleshooting of all supported systems for the NOC.
- Perform remote terminal commissioning during service installation.
- Monitor and support all RF equipment, network equipment, telephony equipment, T-1/E-1 carrier systems, TCP/IP and VoIP.
- Proactively monitor the core and customer networks using existing NMS systems to address unreported outages.
- Maintain updates of assigned trouble tickets on active problems or requests.
- Manage incident resolution within the shift, reassigning tickets or calls to other technicians as appropriate.
- Ensure escalation and notification procedures and processes are followed via NI standards.
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures to achieve timely resolution while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Provide direction and guidance to customers and technicians during the trouble-shooting process including but not limited to, remote site equipment problems and issues, installation, testing, verification of satellite link performance, RF communication systems.
- Ensure clear and concise documentation of work performed is captured in our internal ticketing system.
- Assist in the Change Management process to insure proper notification of all customers impacting changes are communicated per NI policy.
- At least 3 years of progressive experience in the VSAT Telecommunications industry required. 5+ years preferred.
- Experience in multi-national operations.
- Offshore oil and gas support experience is a plus
- Personal Characteristics: problem solving, strategic thinking, confidential and ethical, results driven, customer focus, and a team player.
- A relevant technical or business degree; any incumbent must be committed to self-development including lifelong learning, regardless of their formal education. Applicable knowledge and experience will suffice in lieu of degree.
- Strong working knowledge of networking services including routing, switching, wireless technologies, and security.
- Experience with remote communications (VSAT, microwave), voice and video solutions preferred.
- iDirect/SCPC/CNC Satellite experience.
- Inmarsat GX/FX installation & support experience.
- Newtec MDM Satellite Modem experience.
- Cisco CCENT or higher preferred.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be extremely customer and quality focused.
- Professional written and verbal communication.
- Must possess a valid U.S. driver’s license and maintain a “clean” driving record.
- A willingness to embrace and live the core values of Network Innovations.
- Project Management, Installation and Technical/Sales Engineers to hand-over new installations and customers.
- Product Management team to setup procedures, training and introduction of new services and products and escalation to Tier 3.
- Sales teams to discuss Service Level Agreements, support issues and special requirements
- Externally to partners and suppliers.
This position does have a demand for shift work and/or on-call rotations to meet 24/7 availability requirements. The selected candidate must be willing to work nights and weekends directly and/or be on-call to meet the 24/7 needs of our customers. The position operates in a professional office environment and uses standard office equipment and software.
An ability to travel occasional. A valid passport without restrictions. Sitting and using a computer for extended periods of time.
Disclaimer Statement: This job description lists the essential functions of the position and is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to a position. An employee may be required to perform other related duties not listed above provided that such duties are characteristic of that classification.
Submit all resumes to: Jeremy.Mcrae@networkinv.com